In the American republic, even the dogs cost more. The Queen is a famous corgi lover and has been breeding them since she was a young girl. Now in her late 80s she’s slowing down and only keeps four. The president has one pooch, a photo-op accessory called Bo, who unlike the corgis requires a full-time handler. In contrast to the stingy remuneration offered by the royal household, the presidential dog-walker is one of 226 White House staff earning over $100,000 a year. For many centuries, the King had a courtier whose somewhat intimate duties were reflected in his title: the Groom of the Stool, a position abolished in 1559. Now, after two and a third centuries, the American presidency has evolved to the point that it has a full-time six-figure Groom of the Canine Stool. Will he be accompanying the president on Air Force One to liaise with the Keeper of the Privy Flatscreen over screenings of Lassie?
- “X-Com Enemy Within” is a great addition to a still buggy, mess of a game.
- Swedish potential entry for Eurovision… metal in Latin ftw
- More honey, less acid gets people back to your party #megop
- #prog reviewed Aeon Zen, Place Vendome, Prospekt, and Withem
- Bourbon Boys, Death Hawks, Stryper, and Zodiac reviewed…